Another important release from DeVern Fromke expressing the importance of prayer as the believer's ultimate privilege. From his rich storehouse of spiritual experience, the author provides personal accounts of answered prayer and draws from them application to encourage our own prayer life. This book will definitely challenge you to believe that of all the blessings which God has given us, surely prayer is the greatest. A great book for a prayerless life or church.
Here is a listing of chapter titles:
1. A Difference between the Rescue and the Race
2. Is There Something More Than Answers?
3. Discovering the Importance of Our Helper
4. There is a Time for the Mercy Prayer
5. How to Be More Definite in our Requests
6. Yes, God Does Satisfy the Longing Heart!
7. We Can Joyfully Accept All God's Ways
8. We Must Be More Attentive in Our Hearing
9. God Requires One Prior Condition
10. Knowing My True Occupation
11. Moving from Reacting to Responding
12. Learning to Be More Diligent in Sowing
13. I Am Standing in His Victory
14. An Extravagant Love Exposes
15. When Am I Living Unto Fullness?
This is how the author begins the introduction:
For years I wanted to. I knew the importance. I struggled again and again to be diligent. But I never maintained a devotional life consistently. I really longed for more intimate fellowship with God, but I was a failure. I knew it! And I was ashamed! I justified my failure in many curious ways. Then I reached a crisis! One day I realized I had been in active ministry 40 years. Strangely, the one thing I emphasized so often--intimate fellowship with God--was still so lacking in my life. My shame, my failure, my hypocrisy grew like a shadow before me! Even the constant demand as a teacher speaking before large audiences across the country gave me little comfort. I was failing God . . . and man! [Continue reading the Introduction to Life's Ultimate Privilege].
The reading for Day 2, entitled "Something More Than Answers," begins:
IN THE PAST YOU MAY HAVE WONDERED why you were making so little progress in your prayer-life? You have prayed and prayed, yet God hasn't seemed to answer? You have pondered whether your faith was too weak, whether your deepest motives were right, or if you were really asking according to God's will? At this point you have even begun to lack confidence in prayer, and though you have been keeping a daily appointment with God, you know there has actually been very little fellowship with Him. You are not alone! Multitudes are asking this same question. But there is help today. First, we must uncover some of the reasons for our failure. [Continue reading Day 2 of Life's Ultimate Privilege].
Who is Devern Fomke?